The SIBR 2016 Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics Research will be held from June 2nd (Thursday) to June 4th (Saturday), 2016 at the Emerald Hotel [click to visit] in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference theme is "Learning From Each Other - Theories and Methodologies Across Disciplines". The SIBR conference brings together academics and professionals from various business and economics disciplines to share latest research findings and brainstorm new research ideas across disciplines. The SIBR Conference is a unique forum for researchers with cross-disciplinary interests to meet and interact. Research papers using theoretical, quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-methods approaches are encouraged as are those using interdisciplinary approaches.
Society of Interdisciplinary Business Research (SIBR) and Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English
(1) The SIBR Conference invites submission of academic and professional research papers/abstracts from the full range of business and economics disciplines, including Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Accounting and Economics, Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, Business Ethics, General Management, Strategic Management, Operations Management, Public Sector Management, and other related topics. Research papers/abstracts cutting across business and non-business disciplines (e.g., education, engineering, law, politics, psychology, sociology, etc.) are also welcome.
(2) The SIBR Conference encourages discussion on the latest research-in-progress. For those authors who cannot submit full papers, they can present their latest findings at the SIBR Conference if their abstracts are accepted. In these cases only the peer reviewed abstracts will be included in the conference proceedings.
(3) Interested parties without papers/abstracts for presentation are also invited to participate as attendees at the SIBR Conference.
(1) Submit full paper/abstract (in MS Word) via the Online Submission [click to enter].
(2) Full papers/abstracts received by the deadline will be (double-blind) peer-reviewed by an internal panel on a rolling basis, with the notification of acceptance/rejection being issued within 14 days of receiving the submission.
(3) In case your paper/abstract is multi-authored, the submitting author will serve as the corresponding author, who has the responsibility to forward all correspondences to his/her co-authors (e.g., acceptance/rejection emails).
(1) Publication at SIBR Conference Proceedings:
Full papers/abstracts accepted for the SIBR Conference will be published at the SIBR Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 2223-5078). Authors DO NOT need to transfer copyrights to SIBR.
(2) The following refereed journals edited by SIBR Committee Members will publish a SIBR special issue featuring selected full papers from the SIBR Conference:
- International Journal of Trade and Global Markets
- Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research
- International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies
- International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance
BEST PAPER AWARDS
Approximately 10% of the papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be selected as best papers for their outstanding contributions to interdisciplinary research. A certificate will be issued to the award-winning authors.
The SIBR-Thammasat 2016 Bangkok Conference Program (tentative version) is available here [click to download].
Deadline for submission of paper/abstract: March 18th, 2016
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Within 14 days of receiving the paper/abstract
Deadline for early-bird registration: April 22nd, 2016
Conference date: June 2nd – June 4th, 2016
All conference participants must pay the registration fee. For each paper/abstract, at least one author must attend and pay the registration fee. For all participants with or without papers/abstracts for presentation at the SIBR Conference, the registration fee is:
- Early-bird Registration Fee (on or before April 22nd, 2016): HKD 2,550 (approx. USD 330)
- Regular Registration Fee (after April 22nd, 2016): HKD 3,100 (approx. USD 400)
Terms and conditions:
1. The registration fee includes: conference attendance, tea break and luncheon (for 2 days), SIBR Conference Proceedings (CD-ROM), certificate of attendance, and official receipt. The registration fee is non-refundable.
2. If the same attending author will present more than one paper, the fee for each additional paper is HKD 775 (approx. USD100).
3. If your paper is multi-authored and more than one author will attend the conference, each attending author needs to register separately and pay individual registration fee separately.
4. The registration fee does NOT include hotel accommodation and transport.
Please contact the conference secretariat at email@example.com.
number of visitors: